Friday, March 28, 2008

Handicap using ticket?

She, a blind women, stepped into the LRT from Bangsar to KL Sentral. It was peak hours time, the train packed like sardines. No, she choosed not to be seated because she is going just to KL Sentral.

A young veiled malay girl hold her during the short ride. Getting off is maybe scary for her, I guessed, so I stayed close behind her. Seemed that she is not familar with the station tropo. Saw her white stick hitting the floor vigorously. I guided her to the escalator. I left her there and I took the staircase.

We have to queued at the exit. Again I heard that familiar sound. I turned around a saw her going for the queue. She had a ticket in her hand! The security on duty took her through the side gate and she was waving the ticket in her hand. The security put it through the reader. Then she walked on "tick, tick, tick, tick, tick....."

I don't know, do special citizens need tickets for public transport? Can't the counter or any of the staff on duty see her buying the ticket or going through the gate where she got in..Bangsar?

p.s. Do they have to buy tickets at movies? Maybe, they'll get through if the ticket counters staff are not sensitive!

rgds joQ


--
Sent from Gmail for mobile mobile.google.com

No comments: